The Institute of Nuclear Sciences “Vinča”, Laboratory for Radioisotopes, during many years of scientific-research work and in cooperation with nuclear medicine centers in the country and abroad, has developed a whole series of radiopharmaceuticals that are used in diagnostics and therapy.
Today, the Laboratory for Radioisotopes is a unique center in Serbia registered by the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia for the production of radiopharmaceuticals.
The Laboratory for radioisotopes is involved in a large number of European and national projects aimed at developing new radiopharmaceuticals for use in medicine. The Laboratory for Radioisotopes, Quality Control, is a unique control Laboratory for the control of radiopharmaceuticals and sealed radioactive sources. Also, the Laboratory replaces sealed sources of Ir-192 and Se-75 in devices for radiography, as well as the replacement of sources used in industrial automation.
In cooperation with the Laboratory for Radiation Protection, which provides services of dosimetric measurements, and Foreign trade department, which enables the marketing of radiopharmaceuticals to users, the Laboratory for Radioisotopes is ready to deliver radiopharmaceuticals to users, upon request, in the shortest possible time (within one working day if radioisotopes are available).
The Laboratory for radioisotopes achieves a very significant cooperation:
– with a large number of scientific research institutions in Serbia, such as numerous faculties of the University of Belgrade, the Institute for the Application of Nuclear Energy INEP in Belgrade, the Institute for Multidisciplinary Research in Belgrade, the Institute for Genetic Engineering in Belgrade;
– with a large number of world-renowned scientific research institutions, namely:
- IAEA, Vienna, Austria
- National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”, Aghia Paraskevi, Attikis, Greece
- CERN Institute, Geneva, Switzerland
- Radioisotope Center IZOTOP, Budapest, Hungary
- Radioisotope Center POLATOM, Poland